Get a Brighter and Whiter Smile With Teeth Whitening in Sidney
While teeth are not naturally completely white, many dental patients often associate a good, healthy smile with brighter, whiter teeth. Popular over-the-counter teeth whitening products, such as toothpaste and chewing gums, use abrasives to remove surface-level stains. However, the effectiveness of these over-the-counter methods is limited in the kind of whitening results they offer. That’s why we offer professional teeth whitening at Sidney Centre Family Dentistry as part of our cosmetic dentistry services. We conduct both in-office teeth whitening as well as provide take-home kits with custom-made trays to wear at night. Dr. Braun can determine what teeth whitening treatment plan works best for your unique smile.
What Causes Your Teeth to Stain?
As you age, your teeth naturally turn yellow. However, there are external factors that can also affect the colouring of your teeth including, but not limited to:
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening in Sidney
There are a number of benefits to professional teeth whitening from Sidney Centre Family Dentistry:
- A dentist can tell you whether or not you are a good candidate for teeth whitening. Teeth whitening treatments can be harsh on tooth enamel. Talking to a dentist can help you choose the method that works best for you.
- Dental offices have access to stronger whitening treatments compared to over-the-counter methods found at your local pharmacy. These professional methods often offer more noticeable results after fewer treatments.
- If you are someone with dental restorations like crowns or dental implants, a dentist can provide a teeth whitening service that is consistent in shade with your restorations.
Efficient SpaDent Teeth Whitening in Sidney
SpaDent is a widely used teeth whitening process. You can undergo the SpaDent process to lighten the discoloration of enamel and get brighter and whiter teeth quickly. This procedure is a significant improvement over traditional teeth whitening procedures, both in terms of speed and output. Using this technique, teeth can be made to look up to eight shades lighter. The entire procedure takes approximately sixty minutes. However, you must remember to properly clean your teeth both before and after the procedure.
In this procedure, a solution is applied to the enamel, and hydrogen peroxide is applied to the specific areas that will undergo the SpaDent teeth whitening treatment. A chairside lamp emitting UV light is used to quicken the bleaching process.
In terms of precautions, you must remember to be careful about what you eat for the 48-72 hours following the SpaDent teeth whitening treatment. In most cases, the SpaDent teeth whitening process is painless. Also, it is advisable to opt for the treatment only once in a calendar year.
What Can You Expect From Teeth Whitening?
The professional teeth whitening process at Sidney Centre Family Dentistry is very simple, so if you have fears or anxiety about visiting the dentist, please relax. This is not a drill! Seriously, there will be no drilling. You also need to keep some things in mind:
- See your dentist first to determine if you are a good candidate for SpaDent teeth bleaching.
- Care instructions: You will be given a list of instructions to take care of your teeth and ensure that you get maximum results.
- Consider waiting to replace old fillings and crowns until after the bleaching process is complete in order to ensure that your new fillings match your white teeth.
- Teeth whitening is not permanent: Every now and then, you will need a touch-up. The requirement for touch-ups will be more frequent if you regularly smoke or consume coffee, tea or wine.
Get Teeth Whitening in Sidney – Book Your Appointment
Talk to the dental team at Sidney Centre Family Dentistry about our teeth whitening treatments. Whether you are ready for in-office whitening or want to try our take-home custom whitening trays to wear at night, Dr. Braun can provide you with the teeth whitening method that works best for you. Call us to book your appointment.